Sometimes Public Relations is taken wrongly by few organisations/companies. Many times we have seen that organisations use this tool for misguiding people. Public Relations is not:
- A barrier between truth and publics
- Propaganda to impose a view point regardless of truth, ethics and public good.
- Free publicity to achieve sale – though PR helps in sales and marketing effort.
- Gimmicks for quick acceptance of idea, but fail to bring about desired change in understanding and credibility.
- Unpaid form of Advertising
- Mere press relations, though press work is important for most PR programs.
7. Moulding public opinion
8. Hiding the truth and betaing around the bush.