Public Relations Officer is a custodian of company's image. It is the duty of the PRO to enhance the image of the company. A business is like a public institution and is under constant public scrutiny. Every company, even the smaller ones, are being watched by intrested publics. Company's reputation should be credible and strong. People watch how comapny conduct itself and its business. Over the last decades, public curiosity in business has grown many folds and this wil increase in coming times. Image starts with the smallest thing. Public talk and compare the companies.
Concerned about the public perception, many companies find it difficult to determine, as to what the name of the organization stands for. Brand image attracts the consumer more than what actuall the company is.
1. Image is the sum of experience that someone has with the institution.
- Henry Ford, 1987
2. It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.
- Warren Buffet, Reader's Digest, June 98
3. Image is the profile of the object, meaning the sum of impressions and expectations as gathered in the memory of an individual.
- Topalion, 1984
4. Prestige is earned, not bought, least of all on borrowed money.
- Governor, Bank of England
5. The business executive cannot afford to scoff at the subject of images, because people are acting towrds his companyon the basis of them and not on the basis of facts and figures.
- Peirre Martineau